We are always looking for parents who are interested in getting involved in our program. Head coach positions are now available. Coaching youth flag football is exciting and fulfilling, and gives you an opportunity to teach skills to a new generation of players. We believe in positive coaching, in which developing positive character traits and teaching life lessons are more important than winning. Whether you’ve played in the pros, or never at all, we believe that anyone can be a successful coach if they are dedicated and passionate about becoming a good coach. There will be a coaches meeting the first week of February. The GID Sports League Team will give coach’s instruction and education.
Duties of a head coach:
• Need to be able to work with kids ages 5 – 13 and teach them fundamentals of football.
• Be reliable and be able to volunteer for one day of practice, and one game each week.
• Be enthusiastic, patient, and persistent.
• Have knowledge of football and its rules.
• Communicate with league officials and parents.
• Be able to deal with issues that arise, on and off the field, at all practices and games.